Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring is Here!

Not only has spring arrived officially, but the weather here today is giving the green light for everything to spring to attention. I was just outside shaking out my tablecloth and the cardinals were singing away. What a beautiful sound! For those of you who have never heard a cardinal … well, you’re missing something (how I wish it could be shared with you)!

Spring means a change of quilts in my dining room. Here is a scrappy quilt for you to peek at. It was hand quilted.

Have a great day, eh!

5 comments:

Angie said...

You have such a gorgeous dining room, and with a patio right off of it...I love it! And your quilt you have up is a WONDERFUL spring quilt. You have the perfect wall space for hanging those there. :)

Unknown said...

Loved your blocks for guild night.
Not being born in the US, but moved here 3 years ago I found the birds absoloutely stunning, the colours and their voices, just amazing.
Spring is trying to appear here in OK, if only the clouds would move we'd get the pleasure of the sun.

Your quilt is beautiful, and what a huge size. Hand quilted!!! my gosh I take my hat off to you, I wouldn't have the patience to wait to see it finished..

Carolyn said...

It's gorgeous! I love that you have a wall to display quilts as you do...and even more, I love that you have quilts to display! You're my hero! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blogg! I'm sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what I'm writing...I love the way you change your quilts in the diningroom, making the room look completely different from before. Love the colours in your springquilt and the quilt you had in february with the blue stars is so beautiful! I like making quilts with stars too!

~Bren~ said...

I LOVE the sound of a cardinal...my favorite bird.
The quilt is stunning. I may "steal" that pattern!