Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A wee peek



















I'm working on something new. Looks pretty boring, eh? Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that there will be some appliqué in them there blocks.

I have been playing around with different methods for finishing these mini quilts. For this quilt, what you see is just the top and batting. No backing yet. In the rectangular blocks, there is stipple quilting in the background (the brown bias strips were flipped out of the way when the stippling was being done). Why am I doing it this way ….. I don’t know ….. it’s because I just like playing around with different ideas.

I’m working on the appliqué pieces which are being sewn on top of the stipple quilting. Once they are all done, then the backing will be added on and the finishing quilting will take place.

Once again, I am combining machine and hand quilting on the same quilt.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm you have my interest, as to what this may end up being!!

Cathi said...

I'm really intrigued! Trying to figure out what will be coming next!

Unknown said...

This sounds very interesting. I can imagine that it is easier to appliqué on a thicker layer. Do let us know.
I absolutely love your Lover´s knot, the scrappiness, the color range. It is going to my to-do list straight away! Take care.

Teresa said...

Interesting...will have to keep us informed as to how this goes.

Unknown said...

I can see flowers in there, am I right?

Luísa Silva said...

I am very curious to see the result. keep us informed, please :)