Monday, July 28, 2008

Almost back to normal

Jeepers ….. that says a mouthful! My back is almost healed and I have started sewing on my machine over the weekend. Yeah!!!

I did accomplish some hand work …. actually …. a lot of handwork over the past week. My hands just can’t stay idle for some reason. :o)

So, one pair of socks was finished and a new pair started.




And embroidery on these blocks was finished for this UFO.


It is amazing what Peg’s challenge started for me. I’ve been pulling out my UFO’s to review what needs to be done and I am determined to finish whatever I can this year. Mind you, a lot of my UFO’s are queen size quilts and they will just take forever to complete. But, remember …. a stitch a day counts!


I still have my 5th finish to complete (a flannel jacket) for the challenge; but my lost week will not help me to make my deadline.
Have a great day!



6 comments:

~Bren~ said...

I am so glad your back is better. The socks are great!!!
I received the booklet you gave away and look forward to using it soon. The sunflowers in the right colors would make a great fall project. Thanks too, for the templates...my least favorite part of applique is making the templates! Thank You!!!!!!

Teresa said...

Congrats on another ufo finished. I am sure Peg would happily grant you another week due to your back problems. She got a lot of people hopping on this challenge. LOL..you could always start something quick like a pot holder and finish it tonight!

Kim said...

Gorgeous socks and appliqué. Isn't it nice that we have hand work to keep us happy when we can't sew? No sure what on earth I would do if not for my crafty things! Good news that your back has done it's mending as well. Back pain is so difficult.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. You are doing so great on those UFOS!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Glad you are on the mend....and boy what you have achieved is just awesome ...... I am so very pleased the challenge has inspired, it has does wonders for me...

Brenda said...

Glad to hear your are feeling better. I am glad that I do embroidery and am learning to hand quilt for the times I am not at the sewing machine.