Monday, July 21, 2008

Shams & Pillowcases

Here are the pillow shams that were made to go along with my ‘Snow Blossoms’ quilt. The shams went with the quilt to the party. I just didn’t post about them before they were sent off. These shams and the pillowcases below are my 4th Finish. I love the overall stippling on these shams.
These pillowcases have been forever on my list to finish. Click onto the photo to look at the time (the date when the quilt these go with were finished) that the material has been in a box, just waiting to be completed. It is so sad, to hold onto these projects for so long and then to be finished ever so quickly.

Now, there is only 1 item to finish for Peg’s challenge. Problem is, I hurt my back this weekend and I’m not sure if the sewing machine and I will be able to operate together. We’ll see how the week goes. I really want to finish that flannel jacket for the challenge and just to have it done and ready to wear this autumn.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Betsy said...

the shams are beautiful.
Make them before you make the actual quilt and you will be ahead of the game.

Teresa said...

Very nice work on the shams. I do hope your back pain eases up - better take it kind of easy and not push too hard today.

Kim said...

I think all quilts should have matching shams, like that's gonna happen here, lol, your's are perfect. No wonder SIL has that quilt on her bed so quick! Sounds like you need to give your back some time to mend and we all know that sewing is hard on our backs...perhaps a good book will keep you occupied.

Anonymous said...

I really like your shams. Definitely one of a kind and very designer looking.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Rose Marie....they are all just so wonderful...you are amazing...sorry to hear you have hurt your back, please take care.

Unknown said...

Only one left to finish five. Way to go Rose Marie.

Brenda said...

Great shams! Sorry to hear about your back, take care and hope you are better soon.

sewkalico said...

A finish is a finish! - Well done!! HOpe your back feels better soon!