Monday, June 8, 2009

A mission, I am on ...

... to get this quilt done with help (of course) from Ashes!
I tried something fancy .... yuck .... and after unpicking that work, simple is the way to do it. I should have followed the advice from those that commented on my last post; but I really thought I could do something different. My hat is off to those who can do machine quilting without doing the erky jerky movement.
.... had an oopsie moment and after taking a much needed break, corrected this problem and moved on. Just have to do the hearts now and the borders and this quilt will be done.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

*karendianne. said...

The more I see this quilt the more it says "look how sweet I am." I'm sure it has nothing to do with Ashes either. Really, it doesn't.

My respect to you for making this effort with your machine. Especially amazing what our fellow quilters can do on their machines with their quilting. Of course, we know you can do the same with a needle and thread but it's true, the machine is an entirely different medium to work with.
~~~~~
I'm sure to have a great day now and I don't need to tell you why that is!

Carrie P. said...

My hats off to those that machine quilt too. I know it takes practice. Yours looks great to me.

Barb said...

That quilt is going to bbe awesome.....

Karen said...

I wish my free motion quilting would get better but it just doesn't. Guess I am never going to be a whiz at machine quilting.

Deb said...

What a wonderful quilt!! love the scrappy look and the kitty is a nice added touch.
RM you are lucky that you can machine quilt at all I keep trying but it ain't gonna happen...

Unknown said...

We are always learning.

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely quilt! Don't you hate that when the backing folds over?!?