Sunday, March 3, 2013

We 3 Quilters' Visit, part deux

This will be my last post about the We 3 Quilters' visit to our home. I thought you might like to see the eye candy that was around our home while they were here.

On my quilt ladder:
In our dining room.  Do you see those chairs stacked on top of each other .... they are an upcoming re-upholstery project.
 On another wall in our dining room:
In our living room, my Winter wall hanging.  This quilt sure depicts what it has been like this winter way up here.
In our entrance:
In our T.V. room
 Both Debra and Mary showered me with gifts:
This T-shirt was given to me by Mary at Xmas and I can finally show it off:
My husband received this mug rug for his birthday (more about this on Debra's blog).  He doesn't want us to get dirty, so it will be hung with my other mini wall hangings in my studio.  This photo was taken on our last day at our home in Toronto (what a fantastic souvenir) and Mary had the fabric made from this company and then she made it into a mug rug.  I must say that Mary always comes up with original ideas for Debra and I.
 My two buds went home with a bag of goodies:
Inside the bag, was this magazine and quilt pattern as well as 2 kitchen hand towels and 2 dishcloths (which I forgot to take a photo of):

Please go over to Debra's blog to see her side of the story and lots more photos.

It was a great visit (although it went by way too quickly) and we had lots of laughter and fun and I think that each of us ended the visit about 3 lbs. heavier!  Oh dear!  :o)

Thank you, DH for driving back and forth to Sudbury and for putting up with us.

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a lovely selection of quilts for your visitors! And Miss Ashes posing so nicely too. That mug rug is a great idea, it's such a good photo of you both. Doesn't a house seem quiet when visitors have left?

Jennifer said...

What a lovely selection of quilts for your visitors! And Miss Ashes posing so nicely too. That mug rug is a great idea, it's such a good photo of you both. Doesn't a house seem quiet when visitors have left?

Deb said...

What wonderful memories just looking at these pictures. I didn`t take photos of them all cause I didn`t want to post all your quilts. Thanks for posting how fantastic a display you had for us.
I am sure Ashes is waiting for me to brush her on that chair...LOL
I love my gifts and will post the towel and dishclothe on my blog, they are just perfect.
I am sure the house is blissfully quiet right now, enjoy your porridge and strawberries, LOL
hugs, One of 3

Mary @ Mary Manson Quilts said...

Your quilts are so pretty! Love the way you have them displayed all over the house. I have a quilt "ladder" similar to yours, and it's so great for holding and showing quilts.

Mary said...

What a lovely visit. It looks like everything is perfect. You have all the right touches. Your own quilts around the house are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Karen said...

Your house is beautiful with all those quilts!!

Julie Fukuda said...

What a fun home and place for you to gather with your quilty friends!