Saturday, July 20, 2013

Shaping up

My version of Kim Diehl's Promise of Spring is coming along quite nicely.  Instead of a throw quilt size, my quilt will be queen size and I figured out how to make it work.  You know, I do love Kim Diehl's patterns .... and yet, why do I always change them? 

 
My promise of keeping up with my UFO's brought out this old project (shown below).  I think the last time I showed this was back in July 2011.  Yikes .... that is 2 yrs. without doing anything on this lovely project!  I haven't come up with a name yet for this quilt, so it remains as D046 (which is the number from Barbara Brackman's Block Base software program).
This photo below is the one where my top is at the halfway point.  Now, I'm working towards getting 3/4's done.  This is a good summer project to take along while travelling or staying at the cottage.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

You are making quick progress on your new quilt. I think even though you really love her designs that you just need to make it 'your own' and I think that is a good thing.

Your UFO is wonderful and certainly deserves some attention too.

Jennifer said...

Love how you have arranged the background squares on your new project! That UFO is very pretty, will it have a border or will the blocks continue to the edge?

MARCIE said...

I'm crazy about both these quilts! I will enjoy seeing how you change Kim's quilt to suit your needs. You never disappoint!