Monday, February 2, 2015

Going Modern

At our January meeting of our day guild (Near North Quilter's Guild), the topic was modern quilts.

The baby blanket below is my version of modern quilts.
Lately, my stash has been added to with more modern looking fabrics.  This is what the young are looking for these days.  So, it was time to get onto the band wagon and join in the fun.  That is what quilting is all about.  Experiment and try something different.

This baby blanket will be going to the NICU at our local hospital.

The size is 24-1/2" x 24" and a piece of white flannelette was used as batting.  Simple grid machine quilting.  No binding.  This quilt was birthed (get it?).


In keeping with modern, this is my latest project.  More fun!  :o)
The idea for this quilt came from here.

My squares finish at 5-1/2".  There will be no borders.  All the squares have been cut out and this is what has been sewn together.  Fast.  I do so like that.

Did I mention that this top was fast to do?  Well, looky here:
Before I knew it, this top was done!  

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

A couple of fun quilts......and yes, that was quick!

Lorraine said...

Where can I find your pattern for Winter that is on the header of you blog right now?

Lorraine

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I think traditional quilters can imbrace modern quilts pretty easily. They are based on those simple traditional blocks. I have dabbled a bit too and the color is so much fun!