Sunday, November 8, 2015

Tumbler Topper

Say those words fast.  LOL

Anyway, my tumbler is now a top!  Oh, happy days are here again ....

My original fabric for the borders were discarded.  They just did not suit the look.  Going through my stash, this stripe is better, much better.

This plain red for the outer border is perfect.  The size of this top finishes at 86-1/2" x 90-3/4".  What started as a Bonnie Hunter leader/ender project ended up being sewn together very quickly.  I just couldn't wait to see the top done and I'm glad that I didn't wait.
 What is up next for borders?  My apple core.  Stay tuned for a photo of this top.

Oh yes, Happy Days Are Here Again!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Deb said...

RM it looks fabulous! you are so busy and getting so much done!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

go girl .... 😍😍

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That tumbler top is gorgeous! Way to go!

Frog Quilter said...

The tumbler top is fabulous. I have a thing for red and white quilts.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love how the stripe transitions the tumblers to the border--well done!

Julierose said...

Oh yes, definitely love the strip--hugs, Julierose

Julierose said...

Oops--i meant to say stripe!! Nice work...hugs Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I am going to have to make some placemats so I can play with some tumblers. Too many projects going! But these are so cute! I can't wait to see your apple core! I know so many who have tried this pattern and never end up with a quilt. You must have magic fingers!

Karen H said...

I love using stripes/directional prints. I think you get a lot of bang for your buck using them. The red stripe border makes your little tumblers shine, shine, shine! Such a pretty quilt this is!