Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Applique Obsessed

Oh my, I have been so obsessed with my Antique Sampler (by Sue Daley).  I couldn't leave it alone.  Day after day, night after night, I worked on those blocks.  They really were that much fun to do!

The centre (not the borders) is completed and all sewn together.
The tabs in this border are pinned and waiting to be appliqued onto the border fabric. 

Two changes to the pattern were made.  The centre large block.  The flower in the pattern didn't appeal to me as it didn't fit with the other large block flowers.  So, it got changed.  Also, leaves in the corner border blocks were changed to circles.  Other than that, this pattern is perfect.

Love, love this pattern!

This top will definitely be hand quilted and I've already got ideas on what to start with.

Those borders will get tackled and then this top will be completed.  Then it will be time to move onto another project.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Raewyn said...

Oh I love this - and love your choice of fabrics!!And the subtle changes that you've made look like good decisions. I actually have this pattern and have collected fabrcis for it - you've inspired me to put it back on my list!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! I like yhe changes you made, and your background fabric suits beautifully.

Teresa said...

Its a lovely quilt and I can see why it would be enjoyable to make, with all the interesting blocks. You have done a marvelous job!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It's great that you found a project to keep you interested all the way through! I like the changes you have made--it's looking lovely!